Raspberry italian meringue macarons
Raspberry Italian meringue macarons are very popular lately! This raspberry macaron recipe will never let you buy macarons again! Macaron are pretty expensive in pastry shops. This is because it isn’t that easy to make! When you make one mistake, macarons can burst during baking or won’t rise! Problem number one to avoid is, never use cups, tea spoons or table spoons for this recipe! European pastry is all about weighing ingredients! For this recipe you need: a mixer, wooden spoon, spatula, thermometer and food processor! These tools are important for preparing Raspberry Italian merinque macarons!
For this recipe, I am using free range egg whites and devide the egg yolks from the whites. These egg yolks are good for other recipes like Swiss cream and creme de patissiere. These recipes will be soon online! For raspberry Italian meringue macarons, I am using 2 parts of egg whites. For this recipe, I am using a standmixer for the first part of egg whites. I mix this on highspeed until it is white and foamy! The next part is to cook sugar syrup and for this I am using a cooking thermometer. Sugar syrup will be hot and mixed on slow speed with the first part of beaten egg whites. To finish Italian meringue, I am adding the other egg white part and mix this on highspeed for about 5 minutes! Italian meringue will be foamy and shiny!
Preparing macaron batter
To last part is to mix almond flour mix with Italian meringue. For this I am using a wooden spoon and a spatula. There will be no more electric mixing at this point! I am combining almond flour mix in 3 parts with a wooden spoon. Everytime when I am folding, I check if there are no lumbs. Raspberry Italian meringue macarons batter must be very smooth! For this I am using as well a spatula to double check if the lumbs are gone. That’s the moment to add pink food color paste and fold again until it is smooth and pink!
Preparing macaron batter
The last part is to mix almond flour mix with Italian meringue. For this I am using a wooden spoon and a spatula. There will be no more electric mixing at this point! I am combining almond flour mix in 3 parts with a wooden spoon. Everytime when I am folding, I check if there are no lumbs. Raspberry Italian meringue macarons batter must be very smooth! For this I am using as well a spatula to double check if the lumbs are gone. That’s the moment to add pink food color paste and fold again until it is smooth and pink!
See my recipe for baking macarons
I have explained the most important parts of this recipe. One wrong direction and your macarons can crack in the oven or not even rise. That’s why it is important to weigh all ingredients. This recipe needs only 13 minutes of baking time. When the macaron shells are back on room temperature, that’s the moment to fill the macarons. See our Raspberry Jam recipe for Raspberry macaron filling. If you have questions about this recipe, please leave a comment in our comment section. And when you have tried our recipe, please tag us! Your nice picture with link of your social media account can end up on our social media accounts. Enjoy baking!
Raspberry italian meringue macaronsCourse: Cake Pastry, Christmas New years eve, Cookies Dough, Hightea sandwich sweets
190 grams Almond flour
190 grams confectioner sugar
45 ml water
190 grams extra fine granulated sugar
2x 75 grams of egg white (devided)
3 to 4 drops of pink food coloring paste
- Use a food processor and mix on high speed 190 grams almond flour with 190 grams confectioner sugar for about 40 seconds.
- Mix on high speed 75 grams of egg white until white and foamy!
- re heat on the stove 45 ml water with 190 grams extra fine granulated sugar. Use a cooking thermometer to check with the sugar reaches 118 celcius/ 245 fahrenheit. During this process, use a brush and extra water to keep the sides of the pan clean from sticky sugar syrup. (repeat this every 45 seconds)
- When the sugar syrup is 118 celcius/245 fahrenheit, mix this syrup in 3 parts with the beaten egg white. Mix this on low speed.
- Add the other 75 grams of liquid egg white and mix this on highspeed for 5 minutes until you see the meringue is white, foamy and shiny!
- Use a wooden spoon and fold gently almond flour/confectioner mix in 3 parts. Keep on folding with a wooden spoon and spatula until you see no more lumbs.
- Use 3 to 4 drops of pink food color paste and fold with a spatula until you see pink smooth Raspberry Italian meringue macaron batter.
- Pre heat your oven on 170 degrees/ 340 fahrenheid and use a flat oven tray.
- Go to Google and search for Macaron template sheets. Print out 2 macaron sheet and use this as templates. Put them on your flat oven tray and cover this with white parchment paper.
- Fill every macaron rounds on parchment paper until you have fill them all. Remove carefully the macaron template sheets and place your oven tray in the center level of your oven.
- Set your timer on 6 minutes first and bake these macaron shells. After 6 minutes use an oven glove and turn your oven tray with macaron shells and bake this for another 7 minutes.
- After 13 minutes Raspberry Italian meringue macaron shells are ready and let them cool off on room temperature!
- Use our Raspberry jam with lemon recipe and fill these shells with a spoon orknife.
- When your Raspberry Italian meringue macarons are filled, use them the next morning. Your macarons will be more soft because of the Raspberry jam and they are ready to eat!
- Use a digital scale for weighing ingrediets Use a cooking brush with extra water to prevent a sticky pan. Use food color paste instead of liquid food color Keep your macaraons refridged in a container.
- When you make this recipe, please tag us with your picture on Instagram @CookiesanddoughEmporium or on Pinterest The Food Emporium