French toast ingredients
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 Egg (Medium size)
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 cup Whole milk
- pinch Seas salt
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cardamon
- Powdered/Confectioner sugar
Creamy french toast cinnamon cardamon
I was checking out You Tube and found this recipe Creamy french toast cinnamon cardamon. I remember this French toast when I was in Paris years ago. When I was waiting at a cafe and tried their French toast. It was different than I was use to, but it was a good one! For this recipe you only need toast bread, whole milk, heavy cream and I teach you how to mix spices!
Cardamon is an Asian spice which we use for a couple of other baking recipes. This spice goes well with cinnamon. When you blend these two spices, make sure not to you use too much cardamon. Cardamon is a strong spice and can dominate any recipe! This optional, when you don’t have cardamon, use 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Whisk 1 cup of whole milk, 2 tbsp heavy cream, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk and a pinch of sea salt. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add 3-4 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of cardamon spices. Whisk well
- Soak 2 slices of bread into milk/ cinnamon mix. Do this on both sides.
- Use 1 tsp of butter and fry soaked bread on both sides until golden brown of color.
- Serve each toast warm with confectioner sugar. (See image)
French toast with confectioner sugar
For Creamy french toast cinnamon cardamon, I have used French sea salt. You can use coarse or cosher salt as well. In France they serve French toast with confectioner sugar. You can also use maple syrup or granulated sugar. For more breakfast and brunch recipes, follow us on Pinterest or Google plus. When you make this recipe, take a picture and tag us on social media. Use #Cookiesanddoughemporium
Enjoy frying Cream french toast cinnaon cardamon. See our print out and save recipe below.
See more small recipes on our website, click here!