- 3 Free range egg yolks )Medium size egg
- 350 ml Whole milk
- 35 grams All purpose flour
- 55 grams Extra fine granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Creme patissiere vanilla pastry cream
Creme de patissiere vanilla pastry cream is a yellow cream for cake and pastry recipes. This cream is the basic of baking. The main ingredients for this recipe are milk, vanilla, sugar and egg yolks. The original recipe is with vanilla bean and my recipe is with vanilla extract. This is the quick version and does not taste less with cakes and pastries. When we bake pastries or cakes, we are using butter vanilla extract for our creme patissiere vanilla pastry cream. When you have a good quality of vanilla extract, your pastry cream will taste great! I do recommend to use free range eggs, because the quality is in the yolks. this recipe is good for 1 regular size cake and this is the basic for buttercream. That will be a new recipe. See my recipe below.
Pre heat 350 ml milk on low fire in a medium size pan. (Don’t cook!)
- Mix 3 egg yolks with 2 tsp vanilla sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract for 2 minutes on high speed.
- When the milk is warm, use about 25% of the warm milk and mix this on high speed with the egg yolk mixture for another minute!
- Pour the egg yolk mix over the other warm milk and add 35 grams of all purpose flour.
- Whisk for about 3 to 4 minutes on medium/low/fire until you see it becomes a thick yellow cream.
- When the pastry cream is ready, put it on a dish or large plate and cover this with plastic film wrap. Let it cool off until room temperature (for about 2 hours).
- You can keep creme patissiere vanilla pastry cream in the refrigerator or use it right away.
Creme de patissiere pastry cream
This recipe is the basic of so many baking recipes. I will link this recipe to our future baking recipes. When you have a comment about this recipe, please use our comment box below. Please rate our recipe and enjoy making Creme de patissiere vanilla pastry cream.
See more baking ingredient recipes