- 1 lbs Large shrimp
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 egg (Whisked)
- 3 cups Sunflower oil
Crispy creole shrimp
Crispy creole shrimp is a Louisiana shrimp fingerfood snack which fit in so many other menus. You can eat it as side order, fingerfood snack, Tapas food, salad and more. Crispy creole shrimp is one of the easiest snacks to make. For this recipe, you need panko bread crumbs, whisked egg and cajun seasoning. For this recipe I have used Slap ya mama Cajun seasoning, because it is my favorite, but there are other brands. You need cajun spices with salt. When you eat Crispy creole shrimp, you can dip this with hotsauce or Ketchup with horseradish. find our recipe in category “Dipping & Sauces”!
- Remove the shells and cut out the black veins with a small knife. Use a new bowl with water and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Leave the shrimps in there for about 10 minutes.
- Dry each shrimp with kitchentowel and put them in a medium sized container.
- Add ½ cup of rice flour and close the container with a lith. Shake well for about 30 seconds. (Make sure each shrimp has plenty of rice flour. Rice flour is the coating for shrimp.
- Dip each shrimp in egg wash
- Put in a separate bowl 1 ½ cup of panko bread crumbs. Dip each shrimp with egg wash through panko bread crumbs, then they are ready to deep fry.
- Pre heat 3 to 4 cups of sunflower oil wait until is it 340 degrees. Deepfry about 8 big shrips at the time. Use a head tong to flip each shrimp and pull them out of the wok pan.
- Deepfry each shrimp on both sides until golden brown.
- Use a colander and cover this with kitchentowel. Put the deepfried shrimps in there and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Serve crispy creole shrimp with hotsauce of choice or mix ketchup with horseradish.
See our dipping and sauces category for more dips or click on image below. If you have questions about this recipe, please drop a comment below. Enjoy frying crispy creole shrimp
Crispy creole shrimp with Mucho Habanero hotsauce